I had researched all I was doing except for the loan portions and particulars. I figured I had good credit and sell the house and then move into something smaller on land.
Despite the fact that everything is order for me to get a loan, the stumbling block is a 2-year work history. I don’t have 2 years just 1 if they let you count school which I think they are. This leaves me in waiting for the loan to be pre-approved and is stressing me out completely.
The housing market is getting better and the house was the only one in it’s price range in the area so it sold in two days. This was very good news but I was not prepared for things to happen that fast. Now we have to get things fixed on the house and the contractor has to wait to get paid out of closing because of the fact that I have no money. This is an ok situation and I am happy to have sold the house and hope the deal goes through.
The timing means we have to be out of the house next month and I have no idea where we are going to be living because I don’t know if I can get a mortgage loan or not.
If I cannot get a mortgage then I will do to plan b which is to talk to mobile home manufacturers and see if I can buy a mobile home and have them find property for me to put it on. I am still confused about the difference between leasing, contract or mortgaging land itself. Banks don’t want to give a loan on just land without at least a double wide mobile home because it’s too risky for them and people can walk away basically. Either way we will likely be on some land nearby and I ultimately hope that it will be my first choice. The not knowing and being in limbo is not good for my stress levels.
I have had dental work, car problems, my daughter was sick, I got a parking ticket and a speeding ticket within two weeks and then am trying to fill out divorce forms and losing hours at work while doing it. Everything should be settled all at the same time so I am hopeful.